Chiles rellenos casserole
Let Stand 10: 0 Minute
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 can(s) (4 oz ea) whole green chilies, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 pound(s) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- Split chilies lengthwise; rinse and remove seeds. Drain on paper towels; pat dry. Stuff chilies with cheese strips. Place half of chilies iin a greased 11 x 7-in baking dish; sprinkle with 1/2 c cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper and pepper sauce until smooth; pour over chilies. Bake uncovered at 350* for 40 - 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Khufflady and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note