Chilehead Pork and Corn Skewers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) pork tenderloin, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 ear(s) corn, cut into 3/4" thick rounds
- 12 ounce(s) beer
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) gound chipotle chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mild chile (ancho, new mex)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) turbinado sugar
- 1 onion, large cut in 1" squares
- 1 red bell pepper, medium cut in 1" squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, medium cut in 1" squares
- vegetable oil spray
- At least 1 1/2 hours and up to 4 hours before you plan to grill the kebobs, place the cork and corn rounds in a plastic bag and pour the beer over them and refrigerate.
- Prepare the dry rub: In a small bowl combine paprika, ground chiles, garlic, salt and sugar.
- Remove pork and corn from marinade and drain. Discard marinade. Lay the corn rounds aside. Coast the pork cubes with the dry rub. Let pork sit covered at room temperature for about 20 minutes while firing up the grill to medium. (4 to 5 seconds with the hand test).
- Divide the pork and vegetables into 6 equal portions and thread onto skewers. (use 2 skewers per kebob to keep food secure while cooking.) Push ingredients tight together to prevent vegetables from drying out while grilling.
- Grill kebobs uncovred over medium heat for 14 to 16 minutes, until the meat is barely white at its center with clear juices. (Don't confuse the colors of the dry rub and the juices.) Turn the kebobs every few minutes to cook the food evenly on all sides. If grilling covered, cook for 11 to 13 minutes, turnings once midway.
- Serving Ideas: This is good with "Green Grits" Make quick grits w/chicken broth instead of hot water. Add sour cream, some parmesan cheese and salsa verde.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilehead Pork and Corn Skewers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes