Chilean Beef and Purple Potato Salad
Purple potatoes combine with South American flavors for an exciting main-dish salad. Boiling the potatoes whole allows them to retain their brilliant color; letting them stand before they're cut "sets" the color.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed
- 2 pounds purple potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Remaining ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare beef, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- To prepare the vegetables, place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or just until tender (do not overcook). Drain and let stand 30 minutes. Quarter potatoes lengthwise. Combine the potatoes, corn, bell pepper, celery, and onions in a large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare dressing, combine 3 tablespoons juice and next 5 ingredients (3 tablespoons juice through hot sauce), stirring with a whisk.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Cut each half diagonally across grain into thin slices. Add steak to potato mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note