Kick up the flavor in basic white rice by adding fresh ground chile paste, cumin and coriander.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 122mg
- 2 cups unseasoned hot cooked long-grain white rice simmered in water
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Start with hot cooked rice simmered in water. Combine sambal oelek, olive oil, cumin, coriander, kosher salt, and minced garlic; stir mixture into rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note