Chile-Spiced Sugared Nuts
Yield: about 6 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 2/3 cups (1/2 lb.) pecan halves
- 1 2/3 cups (1/2 lb.) whole natural almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder or other chile powder
- Beat egg whites and water in a bowl until blended. Add nuts to egg whites, stirring to coat; drain in a colander.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients in another bowl. Add nuts, in batches, to spiced sugar, shaking bowl to coat nuts. Transfer nuts with a slotted spoon to a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading nuts into a single layer.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until coating is crisp, stirring after 25 minutes. Cool completely. Break big clusters apart. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers