Chile Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) chipotle chile puree
- 2 cup(s) cream (FF 1/2 & 1/2)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cup(s) Shredded 2% sharp cheddar
- Preheat Oven to 375. Canned chipotle peppers in sauce is what to buy to make the purée. Get 2 peppers with sauce in food processor and totally purée. I love spicy, so I use a bit extra at times. Depending on size of peppers it may take 3 or event 4 to get the appropriate amount.
- Whisk cream and chipotle puree until smooth in a saucepan on stovetop over low-medium. Let steep until cream is dark pink - at least 10 minutes to infuse the chile flavor.
- In 9x 9 casserole dish, arrange potatoes in even layers. Between layers, drizzle 3 TBSP of cream mixture and season with salt and pepper forming 10 layers.
- Cover and bake for 30 min. remove cover and continue baking for 45 min or until cream has been absorbed.
- ** I always make larger batch and in the middle of the layers and to the top I always add shredded sharp cheddar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TXCIN3Day and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note