- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 or 4 flat wooden skewers
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 pound fresh whole okra
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients and 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Brush pork chops with 1 Tbsp. oil, and rub mixture over both sides. Chill, uncovered, 8 to 12 hours.
Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° heat. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Cover with damp paper towels, and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until tender, turning after 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Toss together okra, pepper, and remaining olive oil and salt; thread okra onto skewers. Grill pork, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. At the same time, grill okra 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
Cut potatoes in half, and top with butter; season with salt and pepper. Serve with pork and okra.