- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
- 3 green jalapeño peppers, stemmed (not seeded) and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shrimp stock or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to Make It
Combine 1/4 cup olive oil and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 450º. Place a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan in oven 10 minutes or until extremely hot. Carefully spread shrimp in a single layer across pan. Bake 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Remove from oven, and immediately add stock or water, butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Stir well. Serve in shallow bowls with good bread and cold beer or dry German Riesling.