The perfect combination of sweet and spice; and it is really easy to make.
Chile-Roasted Acorn Squash
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 338mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 large acorn squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced canned chipotle chiles
- About 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Cut each half into 3 wedges. In a small bowl, stir remaining ingredients together with 1 tbsp. water.
- 2. Slather wedges with chile mixture, holding over bowl to catch drips (use about half of mixture). Set wedges in an oiled rimmed baking pan; cover loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake squash 15 minutes. Uncover and drizzle with remaining chile mixture. Bake until very tender, about 25 minutes more. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Make ahead: Chill, covered, up to 1 day; reheat 20 minutes at 350°.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This