Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 Anaheim Peppers
- 2 cup(s) Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) Chopped Bell Pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) Chopped Celery
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped Pecans
- 2 cup(s) Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic Powder
- 2 cup(s) Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 pound(s) Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1 quart(s) Ranchero Salsa
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- For the Meat: Combine Ground Beef through Choppped Bell Pepper in a large frying pan. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- For the Rest: Prepare Salsa. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wipe down and dry the peppers. In a skillet, place 3/4-1" of oil. Heat to 375 degrees. Roll peppers around in the hot oil or 1-1 1/2 minutes, causing them to blister. Remove the peppers, wrap them in a damp cloth, & let them sit 5-10 minutes. Remove skin, split, seed and remove membranes.
- Mix flour, salt, and black pepper. Dust peppers in flour mixture, roll in buttermilk and flour again. Fry in oil until golden brown. Arrange peppers in an oven proof dish. Spread meat, then salsa over peppers. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake around 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Then add raisins and pecans and bake for 1-2 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 3Tsgymmmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chile Rellenos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes