Chile Relleno Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 whole(s) flour tortillas
- 8 whole(s) green chilies roasted and peeled
- 2 cup(s) cheddar or jack cheese grated
- 6 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Cook the flour tortillas if they are not already cooked. Stem and seed the green chiles and open flat. Beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water and the chile powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with oil and lay two of the tortillas in the bottom of the dish. Layer two of the green chiles and 1/4 of the cheese on top. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the tortillas and top with more grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes and cut into squares to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KimMcGhee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note