- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons Pure Wesson Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (1/2 cup = 1/2 med onion)
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice (3 limes = about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (for more heat, add by 1 tsp increments)
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 21/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 6 portions
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Hands On: 50 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, make chile lime sauce by heating oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Stir in tomato paste, water, juice, chili sauce, sugar and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
Preheat oven to 325F. About 15 minutes before rice is done, spray large sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place salmon in center of foil. Bring up ends of foil and fold to seal. Bake on baking sheet 12 minutes or until opaque.
Place asparagus in microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water; cover. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender; drain. Toss cooked rice with asparagus and almonds. Serve salmon over rice; drizzle with chile lime sauce.