Not bad, easy weeknight dinner.
Inspired by the bright flavors of Spain, this dish calls for whole lemon slices to be sauté]ed with the shrimp, resulting in a bold citrus punch. Serve with a small bowl of green olives and a crisp salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 266mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 32)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly over shrimp. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and lemon to pan. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf and lemon. Add parsley and butter, stirring until butter melts. Serve shrimp and sauce over rice. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note