Looks good, but where's the garlic? There's no garlic in sambal oelek...
If you like your cabbage a little crisp and with a bite, serve up Chile-Garlic Cabbage. Feel free to substitute Sriracha sauce or another chili paste if you can't find sambal oelek.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 57
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Sodium: 193mg
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 8 cups sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Combine lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, and sambal oelek in a small bowl. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl. Add cabbage to pan; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in brown sugar mixture; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note