- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeño or serrano chiles
- 1 cup chopped firm-ripe avocado
- 1 cup chopped firm-ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- calories 347
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 9.9 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 201 mg
- cholesterol 198 mg
How to Make It
Place butter in a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish and heat in a 425° oven until melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl eggs and milk until blended. Add flour and whirl until smooth, then add 1 tablespoon of the chiles and whirl just to blend. Pour batter into hot baking dish.
Bake until Dutch baby is puffed and well browned, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix remaining 1/2 tablespoon chiles with avocado, tomato, green onion, and lime juice.
Dust baked Dutch baby with cayenne if desired. Cut into wedges. Add avocado salsa and salt to taste.