Chile-Corn Griddle Cakes
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
Liven up time-tested hoe cakes with green chiles and corn.
Yield: Makes 10 (4-inch) cakes
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets, thawed
- 1 cup cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Whisk together first 7 ingredients, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thin.)
- 2. Spoon batter by level 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot (375°) greased griddle or a greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look slightly dry and cooked; turn and cook until done. Serve with butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables