Chile con Queso
Diced green chiles can be substituted for roasted green chiles.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1- 4 oz jar(s) diced pimiento, undrained
- 2 - 4 0z can(s) roasted diced green chiles
- 1C cottage cheese
- 2 - 16 oz loaf(s) Velveeta
- 1 - 5 oz can(s) evaporated milk
- Tortilla chips
- grape tomatoes, green onions, finely chopped jalapeno
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Stir in diced pimiento and roasted green chiles, and sauté 1 minute. Set aside.
- 2. Process 1 C cottage cheese in blender until creamy.
- 3. Place onion mixture, cottage cheese, and cubed cheese in a 4- qt slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk. Cover and cook on LOW 1 hour and 20 minutes. Stirring gently every 20 minutes. Serve with corn chips and desired toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note