I don't think this is a good slow cooker recipe. Its easier and quicker to microwave it.
Chile con Queso
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 2 (4-oz.) cans roasted diced green chiles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 (16-oz.) loaves pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- Assorted tortilla and corn chips
- Toppings: grape tomato halves, pickled jalapeño slices
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Stir in diced pimiento and roasted green chiles, and sauté 1 minute. Set aside.
- 2. Process 1 cup cottage cheese in blender until creamy.
- 3. Place onion mixture, cottage cheese, and cubed cheese in a 4-qt. slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk. Cover and cook on LOW 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring gently every 20 minutes. Stir before serving. Serve with assorted tortilla and corn chips and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers