Chile Cheese Egg Casserole
For a gluten free option, substitute ¼ cup white rice flour and ¼ cup corn starch for flour.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 10 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 16 ounce(s) green chiles diced
- 4 cup(s) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) mascarpone cheese
- 1 pound(s) monterrey jack cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Place butter in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Place pan in oven until butter is melted. Pour half the butter into a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. Beat eggs and egg whites lightly in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, chiles, all cheeses, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- 4. Pour egg mixture into baking pan. Pour reserved butter evenly over the top.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until casserole is set.
- Cook’s Tips:
- 1. You can make this dish in advance and reheat it, covered, in a 325°F oven until hot.
- 2. Spice things up with a dab of green chile enchilada sauce or your favorite salsa.
- 3. A tossed green salad is a great accompaniment for this casserole.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chile Cheese Egg Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch