Chile Caribe Shrimp Skewers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.0g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 limes, cut into 12 wedges
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small skillet. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender
- Combine onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, lime rind, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Thread 3 shrimp and 1 lime wedge onto 12 (6-inch) skewers. Brush with lime juice mixture. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Note: If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent the wood from burning on the grill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This