This is a really good and easy weeknight dish or serve for a dinner party. Served with instant yellow rice & black beans.
Chile-Buttermilk Baked Chicken
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish in oven 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and cumin. Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, and dredge in flour. Arrange chicken in baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Stir together cream of mushroom soup, chiles, and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes