- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish in oven 2 to 3 minutes.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and cumin. Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, and dredge in flour. Arrange chicken in baking dish.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Stir together cream of mushroom soup, chiles, and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.