Outstanding blend of flavors! I used fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 in place of the whipping cream and egg substitute in place of the eggs and egg whites to lighten the recipe. Served with Grilled Diver Scallops with Rosemary and Grilled Basil-Balsamic Zucchini.
Chile-Blue Cheese Grits
- 3 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup crumbled Saga blue cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, cubed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (4-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring milk, minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Whisk in blue cheese and butter until melted. Whisk in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cream, and remaining ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour. (Center may be slightly soft.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch