- 1 package (8 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Chik'n Strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red and/or yellow bell peppers, divided
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce or chipotle pepper sauce, divided
- Salsa or sour cream
- Ground Cumin (optional)
How to Make It
In nonstick frypan cook chik'n strips in 2 teaspoons of hot oil over medium-high heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently. Remove from frypan. Wipe frypan with paper towel.
Lightly brush same frypan with some of remaining oil. Spread refried beans on half of each tortilla, if desired. Place one tortilla, bean side up, in pan. Top beans with one-fourth of chik'n strips, 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 tablespoon of peppers. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of pepper sauce. Fold tortilla over filling. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chik'n strips, cheese, peppers and pepper sauce, brushing frypan with oil as necessary.
Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa or fat-free sour cream. Sprinkle with cumin, if desired.
®, ™, © 2009 Kellogg NA Co Morningstar Farms® Recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.