This is a healthy margarita recipe. Texas grapefruits are the best. Be sure to use white tequila.
Another new spin on a classic cocktail, this one takes the traditional Salty Dog (vodka and grapefruit with a salt rim) and kicks it up a notch with some Mexican flair by using tequila and a shake of hot sauce. Adjust the amount of hot sauce depending on how much of a "kick" you want.
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 2/3 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup blanco (white) tequila (such as Sauza Blanco)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake well. Serve over ice in prepared glass.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages, Alcoholic