This is a healthy margarita recipe. Texas grapefruits are the best. Be sure to use white tequila.
Another new spin on a classic cocktail, this one takes the traditional Salty Dog (vodka and grapefruit with a salt rim) and kicks it up a notch with some Mexican flair by using tequila and a shake of hot sauce. Adjust the amount of hot sauce depending on how much of a "kick" you want.
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 2/3 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup blanco (white) tequila (such as Sauza Blanco)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake well. Serve over ice in prepared glass.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note