Chicory and Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
You can substitute half a (15-ounce) can whole beets (cut into wedges) for the fresh; there's no need to roast the canned beets.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup salad and 4 beet wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 287mg
- 3 beets (about 3/4 pound), trimmed
- 2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread (about 3 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups torn chicory (curly endive)
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Leave root and 1 inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut each beet into 8 wedges.
- Place bread cubes on a jelly roll pan; lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until golden. Combine croutons with chicory in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note