I made this for a potluck and brought along some toasted baguette slices, and it was a hit. The balsamic vinegar is pretty strong but the flavor is soooo good on sourdough. I'll probably mix it up some, different vinegars, shallots, basil, etc.
Chickpeas and Balsamic Vinegar Bruschetta
Photo: Mark Lund
- 1/2 baguette
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice half a baguette. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and broil them until they're golden brown (about 1 1/2 minutes per side).
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, parsley leaves, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture on the rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers