Chickpea "Stew" over Couscous
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry couscous
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/4 whole(s) Small onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic chopped
- 1/2 can(s) Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can(s) Stewed tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 1. Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Pour olive oil into bottom of medium size saucepan. Heat and then add the onion and garlic, cook until onion begins to soften.
- 3. Pour in tomatoes and chickpeas, and stir in cumin. Allow to simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Excess water from tomatoes will boil off, so don't cover it!
- 4. Serve over couscous.
- 275 calories/serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ejreese and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note