Chickpea Salad with Cumin Vinaigrette
This is delicious at room temperature, so it's perfect to pack for lunch at the office--or a weekend picnic. It's also good served over a bed of baby greens or leftover rice. Prep: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, or 1 cup dried beans, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 roasted red bell pepper from a jar, drained and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces feta, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Stir together first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
- 2. Toss chickpeas and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Add sea salt and pepper. Add feta cheese, and toss gently. Serve immediately at room temperature, or chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads