This was a good basic salad. Nothing amazing, but still good. A really good, quick lunch.
Chickpea, Red Pepper, and Arugula Salad
Make an easy Mediterranean salad by combining canned chickpeas, jarred roasted red peppers, and olives and tossing with arugula and a tangy vinaigrette. If you want petite leaves, choose baby arugula.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup unsalted canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 7 pitted Italian olives (such as cerignola), halved
- 1. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula, chickpeas, and bell peppers; toss to coat. Sprinkle with olives.
- Melon & Prosciutto: Place 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Add 4 cups arugula to oil mixture; toss to coat greens. Top arugula mixture with 1 cup thinly sliced peeled cantaloupe and 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 78; FAT 4.9g (sat 0.9g); SODIUM 241mg
- Bread Salad: Preheat broiler. Combine 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Place 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Italian bread on a jelly-roll pan. Broil 2 minutes or until toasted; stir after 1 minute. Add bread to bowl; toss. Add 2 cups arugula and 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes; toss. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup) CALORIES 159; FAT 8g (sat 1.2g); SODIUM 261mg
- Caesar Vinaigrette: Combine 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 2 chopped canned anchovy fillets, and 1 minced garlic clove in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 4 cups arugula; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 82; FAT 7.8g (sat 1.4g); SODIUM 117mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note