Chickpea Pasta with Almonds and Parmesan
Photo: Ngoc Minh Ngo
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 652
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 782mg
- Carbohydrate: 110g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 26g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, red pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and parsley.
Divide among individual bowls and top with the almonds and Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes