Chickpea Deviled Eggs
Which came first, the chickpea or the egg? These rich and tangy deviled eggs with chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) are inspired by hummus, yet have an irresistible appeal all their own. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3117.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup(s) canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- Put eggs into a medium pot, cover by 1 inch with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and set aside off heat for 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a large bowl of ice water and set aside until chilled, about 5 minutes. Drain well, peel and halve eggs. Transfer whites to a platter and yolks to a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and 2 tablespoons warm water to yolks and mash with a fork until well combined. Spoon some of the yolk mixture into each egg-white half, garnish each with parsley and a chickpea, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note