Chickpea and Raisin Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3-15.5 ounce(s) cans chickpeas rinsed
- 1 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, vinegar and sugar and bring just to a simmer; remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, cilantro, scallions and raisin mixture with the oil, cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Make-ahead tip: Make the salad (without the cilantro) up to 6 hours in advance; regrigerate. Bring to room temperature and fold in the cilantro before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnieM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chickpea and Raisin Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables