I thought this meal was spectacular. Not only was it very tasty, it was easy yo make. I used mushrooms and green onions. The chicken turned out very tender and the sauce was yummy. Served it over rice prepared in my rice cooker.
Chicken Yakitori Rice Bowl
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 59.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 511mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag basmati rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved lengthwise diagonally
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients (through broth) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken thighs to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut into (1-inch) strips.
- 4. Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add snow peas and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture and chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy and chicken is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place 1 cup rice in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This