- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag basmati rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved lengthwise diagonally
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- calories 441
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 29.4 g
- carbohydrate 59.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 94 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 511 mg
- calcium 71 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients (through broth) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken thighs to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut into (1-inch) strips.
Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add snow peas and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture and chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy and chicken is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place 1 cup rice in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture.