Delicious, easy and a nice way to use chicken thighs and/or breasts from the freezer. I used a combo of both thighs and breasts and it was great.
Photo: Luca Trovato; Styling: Dani Fisher
More From Coastal Living
Grill: 8 Minutes
- 8 (8-inch) flat wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1. Soak skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 2. Combine mirin and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Let cool. Reserve 3 tablespoons glaze.
- 3. Thread chicken and green onions evenly onto skewers. Brush skewers with soy glaze.
- 4. Grill skewers 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved soy glaze before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This