Traditionally, this is the Japanese term for chicken that’s skewered and grilled. Try our easy version of this popular Japanese street food.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, sliced into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Seal, and chill 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2. Soak 6-inch wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes; drain. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Thread chicken and green onion pieces onto skewers, discarding marinade. Grill 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note