- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups pre-shredded carrots
- 8 frozen pork dumplings
- 1 cup thinly shredded precooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- calories (1/8 recipe): 124
- fat 4.3 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- sodium 269 mg
- cholesterol 21 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: about 15 minutes
In a large pot, heat chicken broth over moderate heat until simmering. Add the carrots and cook 2 minutes. Add the dumplings, cover the pot, and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken and soy sauce and cook another 3 minutes, or until the soup is hot, the vegetables are tender, and the dumplings are cooked through.
How kids can help: Measure carrots; shred chicken with fingers; count out dumplings.