Chicken with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 (5 ounce) chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 1/3 cup dry marsala
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the same skillet, then add the mushrooms; cook over medium high heat, stirring often, until the mushrooms are browned, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk the Marsala, broth, and flour in a small bowl until blended Pour into the skillet along with the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute. Return the chcicken to the skillet, turn to coat with the sauce, and sprinkle with the thyme. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, turning the chicken occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 mintues.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cakeswallace and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note