I was hoping for a new recipe to add to my book. This did not make it. The overpowering flavor of the wine was too much. Not one family member wanted it again.
Chicken With White Wine and Mushrooms
More From Southern Living
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) package linguine
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- 1. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 breasts 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken and 1 Tbsp. butter; reserve drippings in skillet.
- 3. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 4. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 8 minutes. Add wine, and stir to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add soup, and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- 5. Arrange pasta on serving plate; top with chicken and sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes