I made this dish with vegetable pasta. I found the chicken to be very tender. It was delicious paired with the pasta. The sauce was the right consistency and the flavor was perfect. This will become a staple in my house.
Chicken With White Wine and Mushrooms
More From Southern Living
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) package linguine
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- 1. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 breasts 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken and 1 Tbsp. butter; reserve drippings in skillet.
- 3. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 4. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 8 minutes. Add wine, and stir to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add soup, and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- 5. Arrange pasta on serving plate; top with chicken and sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note