- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound reduced-fat Italian sausage
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces spaghetti, cooked
How to Make It
Cut onion into thin slices and bell pepper into thin strips.
Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray 5 minutes or until tender; transfer to a bowl.
Remove and discard casing from sausage. Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and pat sausage dry with paper towels; add to onion mixture. Wipe drippings from skillet with paper towels.
Sauté chicken in skillet over medium-high heat until chicken is done. Add to onion mixture.
Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen any browned particles. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over spaghetti.