Make this recipe for a small dinner party. Everyone loved it! So tasty. Next time I think I will cut the chicken in chunks before I cook it rather than the large breast halves. I served it with whole wheat couscous. My husband and I recently traveled to Istanbul for vacation and was trying to capture their delicious food by trying this recipe. And this recipe did capture it.
Chicken with Tomatoes, Apricots, and Chickpeas
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 58g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 441mg
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs. total)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add cumin, coriander, and cayenne; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on underside, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until brown on other side, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes, apricots, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and parsley, and cook until heated through.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes