- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs. total)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- calories 421
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- protein 58 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- sodium 441 mg
- cholesterol 132 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add cumin, coriander, and cayenne; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on underside, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until brown on other side, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Stir in tomatoes, apricots, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and parsley, and cook until heated through.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.