Chicken with Tomato-Vinegar Sauce
Fines herbes (FEEN erb) is a mixture of very finely chopped herbs, usually chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup tomato mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 44.3g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 258mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled tomato
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 15 garlic cloves
- 4 (8-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat 20 minutes. Add chicken, fines herbes, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- 2. Bring tomato mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 20 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 1/3 cups. Remove and discard bay leaf and, if desired, garlic.
- 3. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- carbo rating: 8
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note