Chicken With Tarragon and Leeks
Baby potatoes are very small new potatoes (10 to 11 per pound). If you can only find larger new potatoes, cut them in half for this recipe. Or try medium red bliss or Yukon gold cut into 2-inch pieces. Recipe by Alison Fishman, April 2009; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chicken-tarragon-leeks-00000000011463/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) baby new potatoes (about 16)
- 8 small small skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 eeks (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Place the potatoes on the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, leeks, wine, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Cook, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are tender, on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 3. Transfer the chicken and all but 4 of the potatoes to plates. Using a fork, smash the remaining potatoes into the cooking liquid to thicken.
- 4. Add the peas and cream and cook just until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon over the chicken and sprinkle with the tarragon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note