Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Onions
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 892
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 53g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 207mg
- Sodium: 1,425mg
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 54g
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400° F. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub to coat. Roast the chicken for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, honey, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper.
After the chicken has been in the oven for 25 minutes, add the sweet potato mixture to the pan. Cook for 20 minutes more.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note