Chicken with Summer Vegetables
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Yield: Serves: 4
Cost per Serving: $2.51
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 48g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 6 to 8 oz. each
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness with a meat mallet (or use a rolling pin). Trim any excess fat or ragged edges. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, cook chicken until browned and cooked through but still slightly springy to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- 3. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add broth, increase heat to high and boil, stirring to pick up any browned bits on bottom of skillet, until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and thyme. Cook just until tomatoes are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- 4. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken into thick slices on a diagonal. Serve warm with a spoonful of vegetables on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note