Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 519
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 505mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 lb. total)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1. Trim chicken of excess fat; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning often, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes total.
- 3. Remove chicken to a plate; pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat. Sauté onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth and cook, stirring to pick up browned bits of chicken on bottom of skillet. Stir in peanut butter and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth. (If sauce is too thick, add water, 1 Tbsp. at a time.) Stir in red pepper.
- 4. Return chicken to skillet; turn to coat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low; cook until chicken is cooked through, 25 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Skim fat from sauce, stir in lime juice and 1 Tbsp. cilantro; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes