Delicious blend of flavors. The hint of lime juice added a delightfully refreshing finish.
Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This low-fat chicken recipe is packed full of nutrients and features skillet chicken served alongside a salad of roasted sweet potatoes and spinach.
More From Health
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Toss together the sweet potatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20–25 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook for 5–6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- 4. Toss the sweet potato–onion mixture with spinach and fresh lime juice. Serve warm with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This