Simple, easy and delicious! The salad was great!
Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Tossing the warm roasted vegetables with fresh spinach gently wilts and tenderizes the greens. In place of sweet potatoes, try butternut squash, rutabaga, carrots, or parsnips. This heart-healthy salad also pairs well with fish or lean beef.
More From Real Simple
Other: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 388
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Sugars: 7g
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
In a large bowl, toss the warm potato mixture with the spinach, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve with the chicken.
Substitutions: Tossing warm roasted vegetables with fresh spinach gently wilts and tenderizes the greens. In place of sweet potatoes, try butternut squash, rutabaga, carrots, or parsnips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This